Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

Narrowing "it" down!

After completeing week 2 I can say that I have narrowed my research topic. I had two topics that I was having a hard time deciding between: Would a mentor program decrease student tardies and attendance and increase academic success. The second topic: Would it benefit students to attend an over night hands-on science camp and would this experience help eliminate gaps in science knowledge. I am going to begin researching the benefits of Science Camp. I am very excited to begin the research process. I teach 5th grade and we are departmentalized. I am responsible for science. Our campus has made tremendous improvement in our science scores however I truly believe that incorporating a camp in which the rigor of the content is increased, my campus just may get the results that we are looking for in terms of TAKS science grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment